View Single Post
Old April 30 2013, 01:10 AM   #430
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Official New Star Trek 2012 Game for the PC, PS3 & X360

HOoftheKinshaya wrote: View Post

It did for me. I expected so see the Gorn that were part of canon because they made a point of saying that this was just as much canon as the movie.
So you expected ten or eleven levels of a molasses slow Gorn chasing you around?

The existing history indicates that they are not expansionist and in all the series, a couple of passing reference none speaking of war with the Federation or attempt conquer the Milky Way. That would indicate the original plot of Arena rang true and they were territorial xenophobes, not galactic conquering expansionist. They weren't hate bent creatures seeking and destroying, merely protecting the space they thought their own.
So every Gorn is exactly the same? Face it, the Gorn had to be redesigned for modern audiences. It was going to happen at some point. Much like the Klingons were re-envisioned.

Starfleet, Vulcans, are idiots because somehow magically they forgot this species existed in the Alpha Quadrant so somehow were discovering a new species and culture. Bigger Stretch.
Starfleet also forgot about the Borg, the Ferengi, cloaking devices and holes in space. Guess Prime Kirk and Picard are idiots too?

Even sadder that most people that loved the Gorn will enjoy the Gorn in the game commercial with Shatner more than the Gorn in this game.
Commercial was great, game was fun.