View Single Post
Old April 29 2013, 09:53 PM   #98
Christopher
Writer

Re: Daredevil back to Marvel Studios?

Well, The Trial of the Incredible Hulk probably doesn't hold up well today, but by the standards of a late-'80s TV superhero adaptation, it was reasonably good and faithful. Although maybe part of why I liked it was because Daredevil fit much better into the Bill Bixby Hulk universe than did Thor, the guest hero in the previous backdoor-pilot Hulk movie. After all, the Bixby show had been rather grounded and never had any fantasy/supernatural elements except for one episode with a psychic, so Thor just didn't fit in that universe. (The Thor movie was actually reasonably good, but it just didn't work for me conceptually.) But Daredevil was given superpowers by radiation just as Banner was, so it was a much more plausible crossover.

If nothing else, TTotIH is notable for featuring the first Stan Lee cameo in a live-action Marvel superhero movie. He played a juror in a dream sequence.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote