Thread: Centaur Class
View Single Post
Old April 29 2013, 08:07 PM   #14
Dukhat
Commodore

Re: Centaur Class

Avro Arrow wrote: View Post
^ Just based on the names alone, I always thought the Encyclopedia's Chimera-class would be a good class name for the Centaur.
The only problem with that is that the one known ship of the Chimera class, the Portland, has a registry of 57418, which tends one to think more of the more-advanced BoBW kitbash designs, not something made from Excelsior and Miranda parts. Of course, YMMV about the chronological canonicity of starship registries.

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Star Trek Online (not the be all and end all of course) makes it the same size as a Miranda class.
Actually, if we base the size on the bridge dome and photon torpedo pod, it's only about half the size of a Miranda.

Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post
I always see the Centaur-Class as a smaller "version" of the Excelsior-Class, similar to the Constitution/Miranda.
Well, it's really smaller than the Excelsior, if it's only half the size of a Miranda

It was good to see the ship in action, though a pity it never appeared in any of the big fleet shots afterwards.
That's because by the time the fleet shots were used, all the ships were CGI. None of the kitbashes were scanned into CGI models, so they weren't used in the fleet.

I'd also like to point out that almost all depictions of the Centaur's photon torpedo pod placement are wrong. It's usually depicted as being entirely underneath the rear of the saucer, when in fact only the bottom half is. The top half is actually inside the saucer, and the end of the pod sticks out of the rear end of the saucer. You'll see what I mean when I post my pics.