View Single Post
Old April 29 2013, 07:45 PM   #417
HOoftheKinshaya
Lieutenant

Re: Official New Star Trek 2012 Game for the PC, PS3 & X360

BillJ wrote: View Post
HOoftheKinshaya wrote: View Post

More like a different universe and their is no real mirroring, since these "Gorn" aren't even part of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Like I said in another thread, there's nothing in this game that can't be worked around.

Why should you have to jump through mental hoops to work around poor writing or creating? Certainly 60 dollars was to much for the effort.

One of the signs of great fantasy or fiction, especially in a uniquely created setting, lets use Middle Earth, is that their is great continuity and consistency. It allows and enhances immersion and suspension of belief. Isn't great fiction, especially fantasy/sci-fi suppose to get you to suspend reality so for the reading or movie you can fully immerse yourself in the experience? When a creator ventures into an already established world and deals with an established element, is it to much to ask for consistency so the buy in is easy?

It would have been better if these creatures were some newly encountered species. You shouldn't have to be reading or playing something and have to think, "these are Gorn?" It hurts the experience and I know that I am not the only one to experience it. There have certainly been enough bad critic reviews about many aspects of the game and many of them focus on these criticisms of the Gorn.
HOoftheKinshaya is offline   Reply With Quote