View Single Post
Old April 29 2013, 07:08 PM   #12
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe
View EliyahuQeoni's Twitter Profile
Re: How Big is the Eye of Harmony? (spoilers Journey to the center TAR

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Tom wrote: View Post
Perhaps with the destruction of Gallifrey and other Tardis's. The Doctors Tardis is now using the entire pocket universe including the Eye. It could have been there was only one pocket universe but it was divided up between other Tardis's and Gallifrey thus giving each Tardis finite size to use. With Gallifrey and other Tardis's now gone, the Doctor's Tardis expanded to take up the whole pocket universe space, and is now seemingly infinite in size and contains the Eye since Gallifrey can't anymore.
Infinity minus infinity is still infinity.

I think when he said the TARDIS is infinite he wasn't talking about it's physical size. That would make no sense.
More like that the TARDIS can always add another room an infinite number of times but at any point the total number of rooms would still be finite and countable in theory.
This is similar to, if not exactly the same as, the way I've seen it for some time. The pocket-universe (or whatever) that the TARDIS' interior structure resides in is infinite in size. The actual TARDIS structure is a finite construct.
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy
EliyahuQeoni is offline   Reply With Quote