View Single Post
Old April 29 2013, 04:05 PM   #6
KirkusOveractus
Captain

Send a message via AIM to KirkusOveractus
Re: Will you be able to resist boot legged copies of STID?

bullethead wrote: View Post
Well, it's going to be a lot harder to resist as long as non-3D showings in my area are apparently restricted to one theater on the other side of town. I'm just hoping that it's a screw up by Fandango, but I'm getting worried as we get closer and closer to release in the US and there haven't been more listings added.
I think you'll see more 2D listings added as theatres start to clear their screens of movies currently in.

The 3D/IMAX 3D/IMAX screens are more specialized, so they would have things scheduled more ahead of time.

Plus, it starts the box office for higher dollars in advance sales with the more expensive tickets first, then start to sell the 2D ones.

But to the OT, I have no interest in a bootleg of the movie at all. This is something that needs to be seen on a large screen as much as possible (Trek and Bond movies for me are the ones I want to see on the big screen, and they're made for that), and then have the best picture and sound when it's time for the home release (plus you get some cool extras on a legitimate release!)
KirkusOveractus is offline   Reply With Quote