Thread: Animated Series
View Single Post
Old April 29 2013, 02:45 PM   #90
bbailey861
Admiral

Re: Animated Series

Galileo7 wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
And there's no reason it couldn't have happened. Filmation did two different Batman cartoons, one in '67 and one a decade later. And in the late '70s/early '80s they did new animated versions of their live-action characters Isis and Captain Marvel. Not to mention that they revived Fat Albert once or twice after years of reruns, and did Gilligan's Planet as a sequel to The New Adventures of Gilligan.

Around the time in question, Filmation was doing the fantasy series Flash Gordon and Blackstar (sort of a prototype for He-Man) as well as animated versions of The Lone Ranger and Zorro. A new Star Trek could've fit in reasonably well.
Agree, Filmation missed out on this. It would have been a brilliant TMP era animated series to fill in what happened before WOK.
I absolutely agree. TMP era animated Trek would have been a great way to reboot a cartoon series. I don't recall reading anything; I wonder if the this idea had ever been discussed.

I think the time is ripe for a new animated series. As much as I would love to see one of the older series animated, I suspect it would have to be nuTrek to really be successful. That would be the crew to draw in the younger aged audience.
bbailey861 is offline   Reply With Quote