View Single Post
Old April 29 2013, 01:44 PM   #128
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Finale discussion thread (spoilerifictitle insided) *SPOILERS WITH

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Emh wrote: View Post
Absolutely. I would love even just a one-off series/boxset of John Hurt as The Doctor. I'm just not holding my breath that Big Finish will be able to do such a product anytime soon.
Maybe AudioGO could, the way they did the first two (or was it three) Tom Baker box sets.
True, although I've read mixed reviews about them (and I believe it's three box sets).

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
I admit, I'm grasping at straws here. And it's possible that a John Hurt Doctor audio would be such a niche product that it wouldn't be worth doing even if someone could.
No more niche than the Unbound Doctors, and while they may not have sold well (like The Holy Terror), several of them are highly regarded (I've only listened to the David Warner audios, but I've heard that at least the Geoffrey Bayldon audios are also very good). Hell, would it be all that more niche than doing an ongoing series of The Eighth Doctor considering how poorly TV Movie was received (except Paul McGann's performance)?

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote