View Single Post
Old April 29 2013, 12:25 PM   #177
Starkers
Admiral

Re: 7X10 Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS(Grading/Discussion)(SPOIL

Well despite the reset I rather enjoyed that, and as people have said I don’t think it’s as much of a reset as people think. In fact I suspect at some point we’ll get a “You think I don’t remember?” line from Clara. The salvage crew weren’ty great actors, but I thought they were nice additions to the story, and I loved the Sunshine’esque monsters, and the reveal for what they were. As for Clara, the jury’s still out as far as I’m concerned. I liked her a lot more in this episode than others (how much of that is down to how adorable she looked I’m not sure) but she still seems to lack a certain spark. As I’ve said before I found Alaska Clara more interesting than Victorian Clara and Victorian Clara more interesting that modern day Clara. She’s just there at the moment (which is fair enough, plenty of companions have just travelled with the Doctor…because.)

As for Rose being a chav, I think what people mean when they say Chav is that she’s common and working class (and she is, she has a job and everything) and whilst I’ll never be the biggest Rose fan in the world I think it’s a bit unfair to focus on the fact that she talks a bit common like, and I quite liked the notion of seeing what impact someone travelling with the Doctor has on the family back home, my problem began when RTD did it again…er and then did it again!

As for Donna, won’t hear a word said against her, best RTD era companion, best post 2005 companion and would rank high in my list of companions overall. Post 2005 though my rankings probably go…

Donna
Amy
Rory
Clara
Rose (s1 and the last five minutes of REOT)
Rose (everything else)
Martha.

Lord knows where I'd put River and Jack in amongst that list however...

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote