View Single Post
Old April 29 2013, 12:20 PM   #711
throwback
Captain

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Ugh. I have this habit. It's an annoying habit really. If I think something is a fact, I check it out anyway, just to be sure.

What is Khan? Is it a title or a name? I checked the transcript site for the episode "Space Seed". It's a name.

Spock:
Name, Khan Noonien Singh.
I think I should have seen what was coming by the direction the comics took. Of the first dozen comics released, a majority were re-imaginings of episodes produced for the first series. This new film is a re-imagining of "Space Seed" and Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

For me, I learned today that Alan Dean Foster is doing the novelization of this film. For the price of a ticket, I can buy the book and get the details if I have a burning curiosity about this film. (I loved the novelizations he did for the first Star Trek and Star Wars films. I felt they really fleshed out the universe for both.)

I do have this question. In the prime universe, he was betrothed to T'Pring, which by Vulcan law made her his wife. Is that the situation in this new universe, and if so, does that make Spock an adulterer for having a relationship with Uhura?
throwback is offline   Reply With Quote