View Single Post
Old April 29 2013, 10:27 AM   #172
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

Re: 7X10 Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS(Grading/Discussion)(SPOIL

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
I know you see Rose as a "chav" but, she was a little more interesting that Clara... she had a family, she had a boyfriend, and, yeah, she was in love with the Doctor in a way we hadn't seen before. So, yeah, more interesting than Clara who is traveling with the Doctor because she.... can... I guess...
I doubt I'm alone in being thankful we don't have another annoying mother that hates The Doctor. Also, The Doctor shouldn't have a love story as it's a betrayal of the character.

The family drama formula was repetetive and a cynical attempt to grab the soap opera audience. I like that the show is centred more on exploration than basing itself in modern day London, one of the absolute dullest places in the universe. Clara has been given solid development in her episodes. She's only been in 5 episodes so far so she's not exactly Jaime Lannister level of complex, but as far as Doctor Who companions go there's nothing wrong with her. I don't want 2 episodes exploring her family life and boyfriend. I wanna explore the universe.

Do still wish she was Victorian though.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote