View Single Post
Old April 29 2013, 07:00 AM   #170
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Re: 7X10 Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS(Grading/Discussion)(SPOIL

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Yeah. Honestly, if we had to go with a reset ending, I almost wish Clara would have died again. I wish the Doctor would have failed. It would have been ballsy, and we would be in basically the same boat that we're in now. Something is drawing her to the Doctor; it's not like we wouldn't have run into her again.
YES. That would've been great. It would have been an advancement on the story.

JoeZhang wrote: View Post
Professor Zoom wrote: View Post

As you said, they moved her into an interesting territory... only to say, "nope, didn't happen." Come on, they are making up rules to how time "works" why did she have to forget everything. And I'm sorry... an echo, maybe she remembers something... that's bullshit.
Leaving aside the fact that Doctor Who has always just made up rules as it needs to, how is this different from the when Rory was erased from time by a crack and the Doctor remembered but Amy didn't?
It's different because the salvage guys changed. Albeit slightly. Why do they change, and "remember" but Clara doesn't...? Amy didn't sorta remember, there wasn't an echo. She didn't remember at all. Though, to be honest, I don't remember the serial enough to argue the point for very long.

I think a LITTLE consistency would go a long way. Certainly defining your sandbox, your rules, and then sticking to them... it used to be in Doctor Who you couldn't cross your own time stream... except for an Anniversary special... now it happens almost every Moffet serial.

If you have rules and you stick to them, personally, I think it makes you a little more creative than always just changing the rules to get out of the corner you've painted yourself into.