View Single Post
Old April 28 2013, 06:54 PM   #258
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Re: Did Picard make the right decision with the Son'a/Baku

horatio83 wrote: View Post
I thought more along the lines of something more boring like re-establishing peace in the DMZ and keeping the Cardassians from messing with them instead of giving them an excuse to screw them even harder.
Well seeing as the TNG era federation seems to treat its problems as something to ignore for the most part until it goes away I don't see how that would work. Especially since the Maquis seem a little pissed that the federation didn't even realize there was a problem at first and then jumped down their throats when they tried to solve it the only way they could so their less likely to give a crap about their views on the situation.

Oh and I just want to respond to this real quick

[QUOTE=horatio83;8014906]
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
And we know from recent history that that actually doesn't always work, hell the main reason it worked in Egypt was that the military refused to take any actions against the protesters.
I don't follow you here. You claim that peaceful resistance hasn't worked in recent history and then provide an example which shows that it has?

1)It only worked becuase the military refused to take any actions against the protesters

2) We also have the example of Libya which needed fighting to get rid of their dictator.

Also if you admit that it doesn't work all the time what makes you think it would work in this situation.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote