View Single Post
Old April 28 2013, 06:04 PM   #132
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: 7X10 Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS(Grading/Discussion)(SPOIL

Aldo wrote: View Post
As for the episode itself, I enjoyed it immensely. I realize it was kind of reset at the end of the episode, but that didn't bother me. To be honest it didn't really bother me in Voyager either.
Well it was a regular occurrence on Voyager, so I could understand the frustration there (and I shared it). But the "reset button" here didn't bother me at all.

What, so Clara learned his true name and the Doctor told her about the previous Claras that died? It's not like those issues aren't going to come up again-- and probably very soon. We might have to wait awhile longer for the "true" reveal of those things, but it's not like VOY where there was never any progress or growth in anything, ever.

And I don't have a problem with the Doctor going back and savings himself either. He's contradicted himself numerous times before, and plus it was a fairly ingenious solution.

I've said it before and I'll say it again-- people just take this show WAY too seriously sometimes. It's one thing to be fans, but I don't think the show was ever meant to be dissected like the freakin Zapruder film. Lol
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote