View Single Post
Old April 28 2013, 04:40 PM   #116
RevdKathy
I WILL have this wedding PERFECT!

View RevdKathy's Twitter Profile
Re: 7X10 Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS(Grading/Discussion)(SPOIL

YellowSubmarine wrote: View Post
RevdKathy wrote: View Post
The book, like everything else, is made by the TARDIS. (Remember the key scene... she can make anything) Who else survived the Time War? The Doctor would hardly write his memoirs and include all his secrets, and leave it lying around for companions to read, even if an autobiography might assuage his survivor guilt. The other Time Lords are Time locked, and the Daleks have never struck me as the literary creative type (Dictate! Dictate!) The only other 'person' to get out alive is the TARDIS herself. And who else knows all the Doctor's secrets?
A very interesting observation. I might add that if knowledge of the Doctor's name is so critical, he wouldn't keep in a place so easy to find.

I hope that Clara remembers what she read in the book. And I hope we hear about it again soon. I am still slightly annoyed that the Doctor interrupted her before we had a chance to hear what she had to say about it. Her thoughts on the Doctor's role in the Time War mean a little more than an improvised zombie chase.

I can't imagine any process that would leave one alive with red glowy eyes (apart from a political poster or two).
And suddenly stopped acting like themselves. I did not know death by sunburn made you violent and deadly. I thought it killed neural parasites and saved you from insanity.

The empathic woman last week told him Clara is just an ordinary human being... finally the penny drops and he accepts it. Clara - this Clara at least - is just an ordinary person.
We'll see what you'll be saying when it is revealed that Clara is a TARDIS.
Oh I do so hope not. We've had Amy turn out to have been plastic for half a season, Rory be a living auton, the Doctor be a Doctor-machine, driven by a micro-doctor inside... I want the mystery of Clara to be that she's the only true mystery worth solving: an ordinary human being.