View Single Post
Old April 28 2013, 04:25 PM   #2891
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
My most wanted figure outside of Facless Joker which I think is coming in the fall time...has to be a Greg Capullo Batman! This must happen. I like the Jim Lee DC Collectible one (I don't like the Unlimited version) but I really want a Capullo one.
A Capullo version would be awesome. Considering how recently we just got the Lee version, though, I don't see one coming any time soon. Maybe in the Black and White statue line?

There is a big difference between DC Collectibles and Mattel's stuff, though. Mattel doesn't really make figures based on a specific art style. They use a group of bucks, and all characters must fit on one of these bucks (there are a few exceptions.) In this way, the figures are more of a general look, and have a bit more consistency together. DC Collectibles sculpts all of their figures from the ground up, and often time will base them on a specific artist's interpretation. I like that we have both lines, and the variety that they provide for collectors.