Old April 28 2013, 12:52 PM   #134
Mach5
Rear Admiral

Re: final episode...

HopefulRomantic wrote: View Post
Not from where I'm standing. Sue me.
Can't afford to.

I'm sorry for your loss, and very happy for your mother. I wish her continued good health.
Thank you very much. Mom is ok, though her health is not exactly perfect. She's still around and going strong at 63. Gotta be grateful for that.

Don't mess with me about this, please.
Noted. Don't get me wrong, I really am sorry if my post hurt your feelings.

It's even worse if you're not even trying to be funny! "You're full of shit" is less offensive merely because it does not carry the same baggage--it's simply a common vulgarity.
Sometimes a guy gets the urge to say something ugly. Sometimes he goes out of line. I'd know. Honestly, I should have considered the chance that among hundreds of people who follow this board there are bound to be some who lost (or are losing) their loved ones to the terrible disease that is Alzheimer's.

But if you can't resist the urge to hurl an insult, I'd actually recommend something more creative.
Dammit lady, I'm an engineer, not a writer!
(like yourself)

Srsly, I tried that once. Writer's block kicked in before the first chapter was finished.

I see no "degrees" regarding this brand of insult. All bad. But then again, where is the "good" in an insult?
Never underestimate the power of catharsis. The trick is not to seek it in all the wrong places (DS9 reference intended )

AT least go back to insulting TATV. It's not even real. And it's on topic.
Congrats, this makes you the second person to have made my day today.

Thanks for the elaborate response. Much appreciated.