View Single Post
Old April 28 2013, 05:36 AM   #74
Nightowl1701
Commander

Re: 7X10 Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS(Grading/Discussion)(SPOIL

"It's the way all of this is set up, Spock. I can't put my finger on it but it just feels so...soooo....set up! We keep finding out...just...enough...to make...choices."
- Captain Kirk, Star Trek: Judgment Rites (1993)

The only reason there would be a book called The History of the Time War there in the library, in a conspicuous spot, in English, with the Doctor's real name in it, would be for Clara to find and read it. The Doctor certainly wouldn't write such a book and certainly wouldn't put his real name in it. If it had been there before Clara, any Companion from Rose on could have found it and read the name. (Amy, being a reader, certainly would have found it.) Ergo: The TARDIS wrote it.

As we've seen many times (including this episode), if Sexy doesn't want you in (or out of) a certain room, she doesn't let you into (or out of) it. Sexy let Clara into the library.

Conclusion: Clara's totally misreading the TARDIS's attitude toward her. Sexy wants Clara off-balance, suspicious and questioning. She wants Clara to know the Doctor's name. And given that the Van Baalen brothers remembered something from their experience with the Doctor, I strongly suspect Clara will as well - and in fact may be the one to actually say the Doctor's name at Trenzalore.

Which would then raise the question: Why would the TARDIS want the Doctor's biggest secret revealed?

Capn_Flukie: Yeah, that was the Doctor's crib all right.
Nightowl1701 is offline   Reply With Quote