View Single Post
Old April 27 2013, 06:22 PM   #12
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Re: Regarding next X-Box and "always online"

Infern0 wrote: View Post
No but what i'm saying is unless you are living there, what is the issue?
There's plenty of issues.

Sim City and Diablo 3

I'm very confident that my internet connection will hold up, but I am concerned with Microsoft's ability to uphold their end of the bargain by providing servers that are up 24/7.

Older Games

Hey, you know what? I feel like playing some Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Genesis. I'll just pop the cart in, turn the power on, and wait while my system connects to the official Sega Server. Wait, what's this? Sega has shut down their servers? My entire library of Genesis games is now and forever dead?

Used Games

As in no more used games. Took a risk buying that $60 title and hated it? Would like to sell it and put the money towards a new game? Well, tough luck. I guess you'll have to take less risks in the future and only buy games that you're 100% sure you'll love. Say goodbye to developers taking chances and trying something new with their games! Say hello to endless sequels!

No advantage to consumers

You might be okay with the first three points I made, but you're not getting anything in return for these losses. There is no advantage, no matter how small or insignificant, to consumers here. It's all just a way for Microsoft to eliminate used games and enforce harsher DRM in an attempt to prevent piracy.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote