View Single Post
Old April 26 2013, 06:37 PM   #477
ConRefit79
Captain

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Initially I enjoyed ST09. It was a fun movie. But in subsequent viewings, it felt like an average summer popcorn flick. It felt empty. A movie I may see once or twice and never bother seeing again. I still watch STTMP, STFF and Nemesis once or twice a year. But ST09 DVD sat on my shelf after one viewing. I've since sold it.

I tried to come up with reasons why I'm not passionate about JJ Trek, like I was for the series and films which preceeded it. BTW, I like much of all the previous series and films. Obviously there are plot holes, but that is not enough. There are plot holes in all the films. Style and production are good to. The best answer I can come up with, is I have nothing invested in these characters. They may slap Star Trek on the title. The character names may be Kirk, Spock and McCoy, but when I see these actors, they're not those characters to me. Not the same ones I watched in syndication an theaters. Perhaps if they started as a TV show, I would be able to warm to them. But now, I have to wait 3 to 4 years for 2 hours of mostly action. Granted it wouldn't be enough, just like the Original movies. But at least I would care. This group, I just don't care.

I was going to give STID a chance if they didn't use Kahn. But now, I'll just wait to borrow it from the Library.
ConRefit79 is offline   Reply With Quote