View Single Post
Old April 26 2013, 05:45 PM   #458
Deck 1 - Bridge
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Deck 1 - Bridge wrote: View Post
I assume you didn't get around, just yet, to moderating your fellow BBS moderator who, several pages back, accused a fellow forumite of supporting, if not committing, motion picture piracy? I presume it's ok to flame people if you're a mod here?
I don't want to make extra trouble for M'Sharak, but I felt this needed to be clarified since in the midst of trying to throw someone else under the bus to distract attention away from your own over the top comments about drowning complainers, you managed to come to the completely opposite interpretation of what I actually said.

I asserted that they WOULDN'T be bootlegging the film and WOULD be paying the full price to see it in the theater so they could continue to argue with knowledge about the details of the film. There was no accusation of bootlegging on their part, just that sometimes they claim to have seen a bootleg at a friend's house so that they can brag about not wasting their money on the film. See the difference?

It's not even flaming even if I had said what you contend, and it sure is hell isn't remotely on par with saying you would like to drown people.
No, you implied piracy in regard of this particular film, and you know it. Backtracking now just makes it worse, you alleged a serious criminal offence, an offence that undermines the motion picture industry just to belittle the poster. And for the record, the poster was IMO talking tripe but he's entitled to his opinion without you resorting to pretty childish accusations to shut him down. Now your doing the same to me in telling me I've got it all wrong.

That's not even the point though, it's the poor moderating that reeks of double standards that's the issue. As if, given the choice, anyone would actually drown anyone/someone for not liking a Star Trek film, I mean come on, seriously? I presume most of us are able to understand context and nuance or are we all aspergic to a man, woman, child? (I am funnily enough)

7 people seem to have seen the film according to the poll, the hysteria and whining on this thread just isn't commensurate with the number of negative comments articulated within the thread.

Shakes head in disbelief!
Deck 1 - Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote