View Single Post
Old April 26 2013, 03:42 PM   #10
Tom Servo
Commodore

Re: Abrams: Star Trek Maybe

Danger Ace wrote: View Post
TrekToday wrote: View Post
Don’t count out J.J. Abrams when it comes to directing the next Star Trek movie. ...
More...
Gee, with his succinct summation of what he feels makes "Star Trek" so relevant and enduring, “Hey, it wouldn’t be Star Trek if there weren’t some hot young actors, women and men, in various moments of either undress or flirtation.”

Wow, I got my fingers crossed ... not.

indranee wrote: View Post
We'll make a trekkie of him yet
But do we really, really want to?

His first outing with Trek was fun. In a couple weeks or so we'll get something that looks to be similar. Here's hoping that the third Trek will show us something a bit more ambitious.

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
I'd certainly like to see him back. If not, whoever he hires to do the job will do just fine.
Abrams is a very talented individual yet still a bit immature in terms of filmmaking sensibilities. It would be interesting to get Ridley Scott for the third one. Hell, at this point, I would even go for Oliver Stone, Spike Lee, Tyler Perry or Quentin Tarantino ... just for an interesting change of pace.

Not trying to sh*t on anything just expressing one humble opinion. YMMV.
I wouldn't want ANY of those directors anywhere near Star Trek, except for Ridley. I'd accept that. Tyler Perry? Seriously? I'm not trying to start an argument, but what has Tyler Perry done with film making that JJ hasn't? He's just terrible as a filmmaker. As a businessman though, he is fantastic. He knows his demographic and milks the everliving shit out of it.

Member of Red Sox Nation
Tom Servo is offline   Reply With Quote