View Single Post
Old April 26 2013, 08:00 AM   #529
Gov Kodos
Vice Admiral

Re: Janeway's Decision to Kill Tuvix

Melakon wrote: View Post
I've watched "Scorpion" and "Dark Frontier" several times since getting the Fan Collective: Borg earlier this year, and I have trouble believing the Queen's claim that Seven was a plant. In "Scorpion II", Borgified 7 of 9 was in the Jeffries crawlway when Chakotay opened the cargo bay airlock, sending her comrades into open space. Seven survives only by hanging onto the crawlway walls. If she hadn't, she would have been lost too. I doubt the Queen anticipated Chakotay decompressing the bay while Seven was in the crawlway. In other words, the Queen lied.
Oh no, Seven's not a plant, that's pretty obvious from the Dark Frontier dialogue, but it would have been far more interesting had she been as a story arc than what was done. Especially, if they'd done the writing to make the Queen's statement something equivocal for the audience so that Seven could be viewed either way. This would have been particularly easy with the Queen's freedom to dial up Seven whenever she was in regeneration for their little chats.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star!' Endora on witches in Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote