View Single Post
Old April 26 2013, 07:14 AM   #38
Brit
Captain

Re: Janeways Ready Room

Defiant Obrien wrote: View Post
Brit wrote: View Post
Does it hurt the enjoyment of the Voyager's series just because you perceive that Janeway's Ready Room is bigger than Picards? I have all the issues of the Star Trek Magazine, in various issues are schematics of every ship, from Enterprise to Voyager and finally Enterprise E, some of which you can now find on line. The art of Set Decoration depends on the ability to fool the eye.

But if you want proof, simply watch TNG and Voyager and when you get to the ready room, count the steps of the person waling up to the Captain's desk. If you leave a little jiggle room for actor height you will see that we are talking about comparable size.
The point is that Janeway has no business having a ready room "perceived to be that big" When she has a tiny ass 150 person ship .. compared to picards 900+ people on the galaxy class enterprise.. She doesnt need it.. nor does she deserve it.

This is just more "over the topness" with Voyager.. some of the other posters were spot on with their assessment of this series
No some of the other posters are in agreement with you, that doesn't make you or them right or wrong. However that doesn't make people that like Voyager and Kathryn Janeway right or wrong either. But truthfully why would you waste your time with something you dislike so much? All I know you had to dig down pretty deeply to even think of this one, haven't you got better things to do?

You nit pick is born out of cutting costs of sets and productions, it isn't about who is getting a bigger office. That thought probably never crossed anyone's mine in the first place. I can only imagine that you are scraping the bottom of the barrel for excuses to hate which I personally find pretty amusing.

Oh and finally "bigger" doesn't mean better or even more prestigious, it usually just means there was more room available.

Brit is offline   Reply With Quote