View Single Post
Old April 26 2013, 05:49 AM   #35
Melakon
Vice Admiral

Re: Janeways Ready Room

Defiant Obrien wrote: View Post
Melakon wrote:
Dude I dunno where you got these but while the porportions look close, the scale cant possibly be accurate.. Picards room looks way bigger than it is on the show. I also note the lack of the couch he kept behind the chairs.
There is a couch, but it's not visible in that render due to my bad choice of angled lighting which is creating shadows. There may also be a recessed area there, I haven't used the set much. The couch is where that dark area is at the bottom. There's also no fish tank and few room decorations, except for what seems to be an empty bookcase. The door to the bridge would be at lower left, but it's part of the included bridge set. Both sets shown above were found at Renderosity. It can be tough to get good camera angles on them without making some walls invisible or opening doors, depending on lens size. There may be some scale problems, but I'm not using the sets for an authentic Trek project.

Here's another angle in a quickie render, with a figure seated at the desk and alternate textures and 28mm lens. I think the show used 20 or 25. The door visible leads to the little alcove where presumably the captain's private head would be:
--Wee Wee Monsieur (1938)

Last edited by Melakon; April 26 2013 at 06:05 AM.
Melakon is offline   Reply With Quote