View Single Post
Old April 26 2013, 05:33 AM   #102
EliyahuQeoni
Commodore

Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, Universe
View EliyahuQeoni's Twitter Profile
Re: Do we want to know the Doctor's secret?

captain crow wrote: View Post
I know the reason for it but, it's like an awful fanfic.

I mean honestly, a reincarnation of one of founding members of Time Lord society The Other. Not to mention the looms.
Yeah, I was never really happy with the resolution of the "masterplan" as seen in the Virgin NAs. I enjoyed the hints dropped in the last couple seasons of the Classic Series that The Doctor had some mysterious connection to the "Dark Times" on Gallifrey and might be "more than just another Time Lord" and even enjoyed quite a lot of the build up in the NAs, but the reveal left me wanting a lot. And I always felt as if the Looms were created solely to make it impossible for Susan to simply be the Doctor's granddaughter as stated in the series. I'm not sure why, but some fans always seemed to have issues with that.
"Canon is only important to certain people because they have to cling to their knowledge of the minutiae. Open your mind! Be a Star Trek fan and open your mind and say, 'Where does Star Trek want to take me now'." - Leonard Nimoy
EliyahuQeoni is offline   Reply With Quote