View Single Post
Old April 25 2013, 09:59 PM   #34
AlphaMan
Rear Admiral

Re: Batman: Arkham 3

Timby wrote: View Post
Corran Horn wrote: View Post
Saw a couple articles that indicated Rocksteady would assist if needed (idea-wise was implied) and that WB would be using the same engine. I'm in.
It's confirmed that WB Montreal is using the same assets as Arkham Asylum / City, so presumably the same engine (which is just a very heavily modded Unreal Engine 3), but any rumors that Rocksteady is assisting ... yeah, those are merely rumors. Rocksteady went into complete radio silence after Arkham City's release, so it's anybody's guess as to what in the world they're working on. It's a small studio, they don't really have the bandwidth to be switching employees between projects for "assistance."

I'm 90% certain that Rocksteady is working on a next gen platform Arkham title. This Batman is more than likely a placeholder to keep this franchise alive until the Rocksteady next gen title is ready to go.

If Arkham Origins is good, how would you all feel about the annualization of Arkham games? One year Rocksteady does one and the next year, WB Montreal does one?

The Vita version of this game might make or break my decision. I'm leaning towards 1st purchase right now just off the Rocksteady work before and the fact that they are using Rocksteady assets. The new console releases might influence when I buy it though... If the PS4 and Xbox 720 are out the next week, I may have to wait a month or 2.
AlphaMan is offline   Reply With Quote