View Single Post
Old April 25 2013, 04:09 PM   #35
Rainbow Dash
Rocking Out
View Rainbow Dash's Twitter Profile
Re: They let me go....

Warped9 wrote: View Post
Thanks. How comforting. They tossed me aside after thirteen years of commitment and effort and good service as well as a wealth of experience and put in place a twenty-two year old without a quarter of that. They made such a move without bothering to ask whether I was willing to make a change within a new setup. Fuck 'em, and by them I mean those faceless higher-ups who have been displaying a recurring habit of stupid thinking for quite some time now.

Loyalty and fairness runs two ways.
This might sound silly, but I believe a company should be more than just a money factory for it's shareholders. Corporations become part of the community, they bring jobs, and opportunity. A person who works many years of their life to ensure the company makes a profit shouldn't simply be dropped after so long and told 'good luck, kid!' as if you have all the time in the world to start over.

Like you, I believe loyalty should be rewarded. Employees come cheap, but good employees are rare and should be treasured; and it seems the popular trend in any large business is to ignore that, and to treat employees like nameless, faceless, interchangeable parts.

Like My Little Pony? Join us at Brony Kingdom!

-= St. John of Trenton, Patron Saint of Cute Ponies =-
Bestowed upon me by Pondwater
Rainbow Dash is offline   Reply With Quote