View Single Post
Old April 25 2013, 02:22 PM   #218
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: Franz Joseph Blueprints Revisited

Apparently Lenny Nurdbol was excommunicated for the derogatory language he couldn't resist using.

If he’d been excommunicated for being stubborn and/or twisting "facts" to fit his theories at the expense of others, there'd be some participants here that should worry, too.

This is the fourth (?) debate I’m participating on the „Class Issue“ and despite new dialogue evidence I presented in post # 177 on page 12 to prevent Greg Schnitzer from using up thread space with his screenplay excerpts he did it – yet again – and – worse – deliberately ignored the other Khan dialogue I quoted word by word which makes it abundantly clear that to fabricate the conclusion that Khan is ONLY reading the technical manual of the Enterprise is not only totally conjectural but wrong.

“I’ve been reading up on starships (MORE THAN ONE CLASS!), but they have a luxury not mentioned in the manuals. (MORE THAN ONE MANUAL !)” Khan

(He doesn't say "I've been reading up on your starship" !!!)

Equally, in “The Trouble With Tribbles”, Scotty is not reading the manual of the Enterprise but simply a “technical journal”:

“Another technical journal, Scotty?” “Aye” (= YES)

The other thing that has been brought up, again, is to doubt the genuine pre-production nature of the Jefferies sketch which obviously shows the TOS Enterprise and states it’s the “first in the series” (at the expense of Walter Matt Jefferies, the creator of the Enterprise - !!! – who has now somehow fallen under suspicion of having made that drawing at a later time to propagate his Enterprise Class preference ).

You don’t have to be a forensic expert to notice that this is not a sketch from the 1970’s during the Phase II project:
  • The “J” in the “Jefferies” signature is still the same as in those original 1960’s production sketches in contrast to the “J” in the Phase II sketches
  • The Phase II sketches have month and year, the original ones never or hardly had
  • The drawing is totally compatible with the style of the established original production sketches, the bow of the engineering hull may not have the spheres or baby cups but it’s definitely the same style
Then we have clear “Enterprise Class” references twice in The Making of Star Trek which also states that Constitution was among one of the last names chosen for Enterprise sister ships.

Had the producers / creators felt after “Space Seed” and prior to their name finding, that the Enterprise was a member of the Constitution Class
  • The Making of Star Trek would have never used “Enterprise Class”
  • The Constitution would have been on the first name list Bob Justman (nitpicky and accurate as he was) had compiled (or D.C. Fontana's one...)
And last but not least, despite what he failed to say in the 1960’s or what he had to say in the early 2000’s, Matt Jefferies was the father and creator of the Enterprise, and as such he was the authority on the subject and not some “Lost in Space” fan or a Trekker who got lost in a pet theory invoking divine design.

I'm not running around the Trek BBS making unsubstantiated claims and fail to deliver hints, substance or evidence. If you choose to ignore this by not discussing it (because it's not compatible with your beliefs), I wonder what is the actual distinction between some Trek BBS participants and the likes of James Dixon / Lenny Nurdbol except to refrain from using fool language.

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote