View Single Post
Old April 24 2013, 11:47 PM   #47
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Shopping for healthier food. Need Help.

iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
Not sure how healthy the recipes are on a site where the main page has chicken and waffles, creamed chicken and biscuits, and peanut butter chocolate cake as the first things presented.
That doesn't look like what my grandma cooked at all.

Also, as soon as I saw some abomination called "spaghetti lasagna", I stopped reading.
Don't blame you, don't think it's something I would try. And I don't mind either spaghetti or Lasagna.

But back to the OP question. Healthy eating doesn't mean you have to cut out your favourite food or comfort food. Just that you have to have it in moderation. Check nuturtional information on packing, after all a product might be lower in say fat or salt but could be higher in something else.

You've also got to consider what of life style you use, there are guidlines for recommended daily intake of vitamins, minerals, salt etc.. but that's the average.

If you use full fat milk, go to half-fat milk.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote