View Single Post
Old April 24 2013, 09:56 PM   #253
Flake
Commodore

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Franklin wrote: View Post
section9 wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
If Khanberbatch is on board the Vengeance when it crashes into Earth, then how could he survive that?

For that matter, how could Earth survive it?
Damon Lindelof can write his way out of anything. He can pull a baboon out of Eleanor Roosevelt's ass if he has to.

While trailers obviously don't always present things in order, from what I saw in one I think Cumby is actually on the ground in SF watching the ship crash (the shot where he has a cut on his face and actually runs away from the scene). So, my bet is he's not on the ship (which is why Spock comes after him in SF).

The thing is: is Admiral Marcus aboard the crashing ship? What happens to him? Could he be the one Cumby is referring to when he says that every captain should go down with his ship?
My understanding from the trailers is that Cumberbatch is on the bridge until the ship comes to a stop and he jumps out of the broken viewscreen/window onto the rubble and makes his escape. Either that or he finds an airlock but I would assume his ship will have lost power at this point.
Flake is offline   Reply With Quote