View Single Post
Old April 24 2013, 11:42 AM   #449
Deckerd
Fleet Arse

Re: Janeway's Decision to Kill Tuvix

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
If Tuvix had no individual rights, say like when Kally murdered Sharon in BSG, or the interrogation teams on Pegasus were expected to rape the Cylons to keep them down and under heel... I wonder if they would have raped the male Cylons too? because if it's part of the guidebook, since the female Captain was making sure this was happening to a "woman" she once loved, it was totally personal for Admiral Kane, but still it was clinical rape and not recreational rape in theory... It wasn't a very good theory which is Why Heilo and the Tyrol (accidentally) killed the rapist interrogator which started a civil war between Battlestars.
It was torture, in fact. I brought up this very subject many years ago when Hermiod was complaining that the women in BSG were unrealistically strong (the boxing match is a good case in point). I agreed but asked why it was that the cylon women got raped but the men just got blown out airlocks (aside from one torture session which steered clear of the genitalia). He went off in the huff or something.