View Single Post
Old April 24 2013, 11:16 AM   #188
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: Franz Joseph Blueprints Revisited

aridas sofia wrote: View Post
You joined this BBS just last year so you might not be aware of the fact that I was arguing the "Enterprise-class" argument ten years ago. Just out of sheer orneriness.
Then what changed your mind as you are apparently advocating that the (TOS) Enterprise is a member of the Constitution Class, now?

You may believe whatever you want, of course, but since the focus of the schematic in "The Trouble With Tribbles" (and originally "Space Seed") is the "Primary Phaser L.R" and not a starship of the Constitution Class the "MK IX/01" obviously refers to the primary phaser (to tell you what generation and model you are looking at).

If Scotty or Khan would have wanted technical details of a starship of the Constitution Class they would have opened the corresponding file...

Jein reinterpretated the phaser designation as a starship designation because he needed the "01" to manufacture a connection to the "1701" to be able to "conclude" that the Enterprise belonged to the Constitution Class.

I don't believe that two separate people at the same time came up with the same "exotic" conclusion, thus I'm confident that Franz Joseph merely copied the "MK IX" from Greg Jein's article - and of course the idea that "NCC-1700" referred to the USS Constitution.

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote