View Single Post
Old April 24 2013, 12:48 AM   #116
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

throwback wrote: View Post
It's not clear when the Eugenics War were. We have the late 20th century (TOS, TAS), the mid-21st century (ENT), or the mid-22nd century (DS9).
Well, it is called The Eugenics Wars, so there's no reason why it couldn't have been a series of separate wars connected by a common theme, such as genetically engineered supermen and/or cloned, cybernetically enhanced, or disposable soldiers like the drug-addicted soldier from 2079 in Encounter at Farpoint. That could explain why there was a war in the 1990s, why the war was confused with WWIII in the 2050s, and why Archer's grandfather was fighting in a Eugenics War in 2079.

I have issues with the USS Vengeance; namely, the issue of a covert black ops unit using this behemoth. The purpose of such an unit is stealth - you don't want to draw attention to your activities.
Space is vast. The ship could be ten miles long and still be "stealthy." Plus, Section 31 might be taking a more active and overt role in this universe, and will flex their muscle publicly from time to time.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote