View Single Post
Old April 23 2013, 06:24 PM   #194
DorkBoy [TM]
Captain

Re: Brannon Braga: Not a Diane Carey Fan?

bullethead wrote: View Post
DorkBoy [TM] wrote: View Post
I pretty much decided at that point I was going to read the next Challenger book to see how the cliffhanger resolved itself, and then I was never going to read a Diane Carey novel again. Even though I'm a big fan of her early TOS work.

Of course, she hasn't written any more so that was not a problem.

I remember at the time, the word on this board about why she left was that she was off "pursuing her own projects" but I thought it was really strange that she would leave a cliffhanger unresolved. I always wondered if something happened and she was asked not to return.
Well, the end of the cliffhanger was stupidly stuck in that Gateways omnibus book that had the ends of all the Gateways stories, so it's not surprising you didn't find it. To be honest, it wasn't that great an ending (it's pretty enraging when you read it the first time).
Hmmm. I did read the Gateways omnibus. (I hated that marketing ploy too, by the way. Even though I let them sucker me into buying it in hardback.)

I thought the Challenger series ended with one of the characters facing the death penalty on some planet, and his captain trying to decide what to do about it.

Maybe she resolved that and I've just forgotten. That was so long ago, now.