View Single Post
Old April 23 2013, 09:16 AM   #54
IndyJones
Vice Admiral

Re: Why I Wrote A Mad Men Episode With Negroes, by Erika Alexander

gblews wrote: View Post
You seem to be talking about an in-story depiction of racial and cultural integration of the the ad firm. The subject of the discussion is whether or not or why there have not been stories featuring blacks and how those stories might be presented.The gradual integration of the firm is a storyline that could move forward simultaneously and separately from other stories involving blacks, Jews, women, etc.
The show is about the people in the firm. That would make the two rather related, no?

Sci wrote: View Post
I have only seen the first 9 episodes of Mad Men.
Ah. So you're talking about a version of the show that no longer exists. A version that's been subverted by the changes that occur (read: the very things you're asking for) as the show progresses.

I was talking about the show as it exists now. And discussing how those specific changes have been made more relevant by the choices that were made.

I'll leave you alone then.
Travel's fatal to prejudice, bigotry, narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things can't be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's life.
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote