View Single Post
Old April 23 2013, 05:26 AM   #240
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Re: The Defiance Thread - News about the Show and Game

Tonight's ep was really good. It had a distinctly different, more intimate feel to it than the pilot, but there's nothing wrong with that. I liked getting to see both Nolan and Irisa 'on the job', as it were, as lawkeepers, and the backstories we got for McCawley, Stahma, and Nolan were neat.

Speaking of Stahma, I love her benign ruthlessness and control over things. It makes her a more dangerous and interesting character than Datak, and it's neat to see that type of HBIC dynamic juxtaposed against what is essentially a classic Western backdrop.

The end of the ep with Datak pulling a 'Believers' and killing that other Castithan was predictable, but it nonetheless worked well and did what it was designed to do.

I said that I got a distinct Tombstone vibe from the pilot, and while those elements were certainly still there, this ep also reminded me very much of the short-lived series Vanished and Wolf Lake.

BTW, for anyone who might be interested, there's a feature on the official show website that outlines/highlights instances of connectivity between the series and the game. The link is http://www.defiance.com/en/series/ne...ame-meets-show

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is online now   Reply With Quote