View Single Post
Old April 22 2013, 08:43 PM   #163
Lenny Nurdbol
Lieutenant Commander

Re: How Far Should TOS-R Have Gone?

Oh, King Daniel... Oooh, "the truth behind it" and only "official" interviews...

Tell you what, I wont see the new Trek movie if you don't read any of Franz Joseph's stuff or that nasty, dirty, filthy, "illegal" Tech Fandom stuff that I love... Deal? We'll both be happy then and be able to cope better with the real world...

And a note on piracy: who said anything about piracy? I'll see a copy when it comes around... Emphasis on the word c-o-p-y... Nobody's talking about "theft of property" here... No more than I'd take a copy of your avatar, print it out, frame it, and hang it up on my wall next to one of my heroes... Don't worry about all your money you have invested in Paramound...I know the type, oh how I know the type...

As for Shaka Zulu, that was kinda below the belt and uncalled for...but I expected as such in a place like this... Especially in light of not knowing the facts... Like having seen shrinks in the past when I was young (why? because of social phobia, anxiety, and just being, you know, a little Different because I preferred to Read Books rather than hang out in bars and get drunk on Friday nights)... I had a nervous disposition so Mr. Shrink gave me prescription drugs... Know what they did? They either made me super-tired that I couldn't function, or they placed me in a zomboid state which, again, meant that I couldn't function...
Result: I lost jobs and my career went down the drain.. All because society wanted me to be "normal" like them... But, hey, Mr. Shrink got very rich off of me...

And I'm not an "obnoxious Trekkie" because I don't run around with a Star Fleet uniform on, rubber Spock ears, or act like an asshole at cons... I dress and behave quite normally, if a bit aloofly, and I've learned the hard way Not to display one's love for Trek in public...
Lenny Nurdbol is offline   Reply With Quote