View Single Post
Old April 22 2013, 05:57 PM   #70
Lenny Nurdbol
Lieutenant Commander

Re: why is there no more talk of a new star trek tv series?

tmosler wrote: View Post
I know if it happends a new star trek tv show is a coulple years away but concidering star trek into darkness does well why is there no more talk about it from orci? The last I remember reading about it was on trek movie where orci said they were curently in touch with CBS and were getting close to sitting down and actually talking about it. So why hasnt there been any new updates since last year?
As TPTB grow greedier and greedier, their stranglehold on all things Trek gets tighter and tighter...

It's no longer a fan-friendly field... They want to exploit the fans for every cent they've got... They'd sooner squeeze it out of us in massive overrated theatrical films than in a TV series...

As for Roberto Orci and friends... IMHO, I really, really think they should stay the hell away from all things Trek... Better yet, all things SF this side of Transformers...
His background: Hercules, Xena, Jack of All Trades(!!), Cowboys and Aliens, Fringe...

All mass-marketed junk aimed at the masses and juveniles...

But the same Pattern I see across Hollywood and more generally America... Image over Substance... Eye candy junk food to stimulate the senses through "rollercoaster ride" films...

Turn your brain off at the door... You won't need it!
Lenny Nurdbol is offline   Reply With Quote