View Single Post
Old April 22 2013, 04:07 PM   #159
F. King Daniel
Admiral

Re: How Far Should TOS-R Have Gone?

Lenny Nurdbol wrote: View Post
I'm tired of this old "FJ was not a fan" bunk... If he wasn't a fan he wouldn't have sunk so much time and effort into what he accomplished! Duh! One brief interview repeated over and over again does nothing for me and in a court of law would be dismissed as hearsay...
It doesn't mean he was a fan, just a professional. If you won't believe his daughter Karen, take it from Franz Joseph Schnaubelt himself, in an interview from 1976:

Franz Joseph Schnaubelt wrote:
I was doing nothing with Star Trek. But my daughter, Karen, has been a trekkie from the first episode. I did look at the first two and decided they weren't so hot. I enjoyed Lost in Space, which was running at the same time, because it was a space-age soap opera. Then it got to be way too wild so I started to watch Star Trek with Karen, but I've never been a fan of the show.

I've never bothered with science fiction, and I've never bothered with Star Trek.

As I told you at the beginning, I'm not an avid fan. Sure, it's great--the kids are having fun and everybody enjoys it and more power to them.
http://www.trekplace.com/fj-fjwilliamsint01.html

I love FJ's contributions to Trek. He set the standard and his contributions formed integral parts of the Trekverse. But like Harve Bennett, Nicholas Meyer and even J.J. Abrams, he was not a Trek fan.