View Single Post
Old April 22 2013, 01:51 PM   #47
yenny
Captain

Re: Kirk Enterprise - the Enterprise(a)?

SeerSGB wrote: View Post
yenny wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
I don't think so. They would had the photo of the before refit Enterprise separate from the pass Enterprises; And also Decker would had knew that the before refit Enterprise and the ship he is on are the same ships. Also, those who had put those photos on the Rec wall, would had know as well; And they would never had put a photo of a existing starship with past starships of the same name, regardless it had been refitted or not next to one another. They would had ben separate from each other, on different walls.
Maybe, but I don't think so. It could easily just as well be another Connie name Enterprise.
Actually they probably would. In TNG and Enterprise, the displays of "Ships Named Enterprise" always included the current version. So it's likely they just stuck the pre-refit configuration of the 1701 on the monitors for the same reason. Or them being monitors, they just scroll through the history of ships named Enterprise as a screensaver.
Yes you're right, but that is the current version of the Enterprise D. In TMP they didn't display the refit version.

Dukhat wrote: View Post
On ST:TMP, Captain Decker had said; All those vessels were call Enterprise. Were, is a past tense word. Meaning that the Constitution class looking starship in the picture is not the same Enterprise as the one they are on, but a different ship.
I believe you are the first person ever to speculate that the TOS Enterprise NCC-1701 and the TMP Enterprise NCC-1701 are two totally different ships, when the creators of TMP, the producers of Trek since then, and all fandom since has agreed that one was a refit of the other...simply because of Decker's (ambiguous?) choice of words?
I didn't say that the TOS Enterprise NCC-1701 and the TMP Enterprise are different ships. I had said that the TOS/TMP Enterprise were a different ship of the Connie that was in the photo.
Dukhat wrote: View Post
So if I'm understanding you correctly now, are you implying that there was another TOS Connie Enterprise before Kirk's TOS Connie Enterprise? That's even more unlikely.
Yes I do. And I also believe that the USS Constitution NCC-1700 isn't the prototype but a replacement of the prototype. I also believe that the Connies had enter into service a few years after the Federation was founded, between 2162 to 2170.
yenny is offline   Reply With Quote