View Single Post
Old April 22 2013, 09:55 AM   #90
Starkers
Admiral

Re: 7x09 Hide - rating and discussion thread

Praetor_Shinzon wrote: View Post
SeerSGB wrote: View Post
When the Doctor said "Every monster needs a companion", was it me or did that feel like a reference towards the Doctor as much as the creature.
i had the same thought.
Ditto...

I really liked it...or at least, I think I did. Watched it twice now and it's definitely a bit of a slow burner, and I think the kind of episode that will become more well regarded the longer it goes on (and way better than Cross' first episode.)

So Neil Cross, loves Blade Runner and now we know he loved The Haunting (good taste that man). I'm impressed at how much stuff there in in here, and the fact it goes from ghost story to sci-fi to love story in the space of 45 minutes is quite incredible because it never feels that rushed.

That said this is one of those NuWho episodes where you could really see it working in the classic 4 episode serial format.

The Tardis really doesn't like Clara does it! The age of Dougray Scott's character did bother me a bit, but I think it does just about make sense, a lot of very young men went off to war (and for all we know he didn't sign up till 1941/42).

The vortex effects were terrible, sorry has to be said.

Anyway, an odd and interesting episode. Not one it's easy to love on first viewing but impressive all the same and I think I'm going to like it more and more as time passes.
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote