View Single Post
Old April 22 2013, 01:03 AM   #71
Lenny Nurdbol
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Should I give Enterprise another chance?

R. Star wrote: View Post
Lenny Nurdbol wrote: View Post
It's like the writers for this show didn't care anymore...and if they don't care, the fans certainly won't care, either...
For a person who supposedly doesn't care... you sure seem to be putting a lot of effort into explaining why you don't care.
There's a very simple reason for that: I'm a life-long Star Trek fan and have watched All series and taped All series...from start to finish...

I gave E all the benefit of the doubt it deserved... I watched it from "Broken Bow" onwards, taped and analyzed each episode, commented on each... Unlike some, I didn't turn the channel because of the theme music or because of the blue unforms... I gave it a chance... More than enough of a chance and watched all 4 seasons...

I even bought and read all the novels, including the "Romulan War" ones, hoping in some way they'd turn things around and somehow, in some impossible way, justify this series... They didn't... They actually got ridiculous... If a Romulan ship is remotely taking control of another starship, they're helpless? When I was a mere lad in electronics, we had these things called Jumpers we could pull out of a circuit by hand to physically disable it... It's old tech and they couldn't implement something Simple like this on starships?

It never turned around, never really shined particularly brightly... I can only name a couple half-decent episodes such as "Twilight"...but was overall very disappointed... They even did their usual ripoff of "Mirror, Mirror" and I imagine if it made a 5th season, Q would have appeared as well! It was mundane, derivative, but Could have been so much better...had they 1. Listened to the Fans and 2. Got some Original writers rather than recycled their old "writers pool" which slowly killed the earlier shows...

It's like they didn't care because they knew there was a massive fan base of Trekkers out there who'd eat up anything...so they didn't even Try...