View Single Post
Old April 22 2013, 12:38 AM   #41
SeerSGB
Admiral

Re: Kirk Enterprise - the Enterprise(a)?

yenny wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
SeerSGB wrote: View Post

I think from Decker's perspective, the Enterprise is a new ship after the refit.
I don't think so. They would had the photo of the before refit Enterprise separate from the pass Enterprises; And also Decker would had knew that the before refit Enterprise and the ship he is on are the same ships. Also, those who had put those photos on the Rec wall, would had know as well; And they would never had put a photo of a existing starship with past starships of the same name, regardless it had been refitted or not next to one another. They would had ben separate from each other, on different walls.

SeerSGB wrote: View Post

Never heard that line of thought before. The Connie on display is just showing the 1701 before her refit.
Maybe, but I don't think so. It could easily just as well be another Connie name Enterprise.
Actually they probably would. In TNG and Enterprise, the displays of "Ships Named Enterprise" always included the current version. So it's likely they just stuck the pre-refit configuration of the 1701 on the monitors for the same reason. Or them being monitors, they just scroll through the history of ships named Enterprise as a screensaver.