View Single Post
Old April 22 2013, 12:05 AM   #50
Santa Claus
Digitally Assisted

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: New Zealand legalises same-sex marriage

junxon wrote: View Post
Brent wrote: View Post
To J, we live in a new testament world, you know that.

I'll just say I believe and support God's judgement on marriage, he is the only one with authority to judge marriage, and he has already judged it. I stand by his judgement on marriage. I will support the Bible's teachings on the value of marriage in the new testament.
so you're against interracial marriage then as well. charming.
I like how he's trying to whitewash over the Old Testament, as if it no longer matters, even though the primary passage for those against homosexuality is found in Leviticus, a book of the Old Testament that outlined the cleanliness rituals for the priests of the Temple (of which he is not).

It's also convenient to push away something that seems distasteful to modern sensibilities, which most fundamentalist Christians do. For example, it plainly states in Luke 15-18:

----------
"And he said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God. "The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone forces his way into it. But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one dot of the Law to become void. "Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery."
----------

See, by following those laws, these same people can't marry anyone who has divorced another. Considering the high divorce rate among Christians, adding in the knowledge that one cannot marry someone to which they are not equally yoked (2 Corinthians 6:14), that's a shitload of people taken out of the sex pool.

So Brent's ideal, Godly world is filled with sexless, divorced, apathetic men, and women beaten to death with stones for being the banes of their husbands' existences.

Ah, Biblical marriage. So holy.

❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote