View Single Post
Old April 21 2013, 11:43 PM   #46
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: New Zealand legalises same-sex marriage

Brent wrote: View Post
To J, we live in a new testament world, you know that.
"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." (Matthew 5:18-19)

I'll just say I believe and support God's judgement on marriage, he is the only one with authority to judge marriage, and he has already judged it. I stand by his judgement on marriage. I will support the Bible's teachings on the value of marriage in the new testament.
O'Rly?

----------
"If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her, And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate.... But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you." (Deuteronomy 22:13)

----------

There's going to be a whole lot of dead women in your world, kid.
Also, if you get married, make sure to live like your wife doesn't exist:

----------
"But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none." (1 Corinthians 7:29)
----------

So lots of sexless, apathetic men, and a shitload of dead women. This is what you want in your traditional, Bible based marriage?
-=- My Patron Saint is Twilight Sparkle -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote