View Single Post
Old April 21 2013, 04:32 PM   #51
Lenny Nurdbol
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Should I give Enterprise another chance?

Ryva Brall wrote: View Post
So I've seen every other Trek series (some multiple times) and I watched the first two seasons of Enterprise when it first aired, but then I lost interest. I just couldn't get into it, or force myself to care about any of the characters. But now I'm wondering, now that I'm older, if I might enjoy it more. Could someone give me some compelling reasons why I should give it another go? Does it get better after the second season?
Save your mind and your Soul--DON'T!

The series becomes more and more illogical, improbable, and anti-TOS (aside from a few random "droppings" to TRY to salvage the old TOS fanbase)...

You will see Archer become a superman, able to (almost) leap tall buildings in a single bound...
You will see "serial" episodes of no worth, just random ideas chucked at the screen...which drag on and on from episode to episode...
You will experience the 4th season's Fanboy Scripts which throw all manner of TOSish dropping nonsense at the screen to sucker-in the older generation of fans...
And ultimately you will see the final episode which is arguably The worst ending for Any and Every Trek series Ever (I'm talking Worse than V's Final where the Voyager gets home and--Fade To Black!)...
Above all, you will see continuity with TOS shredded to little pieces, unless you're Very gullible and willing to suspend disbelief indefinitely...

B&B would never admit it but E was a reboot of TOS right from the start... That's why the first season had no "Star Trek" in the title--they didn't want to pay royalties and wanted to strike out on their own; dig their own goldmine, And have their cake and eat it too by luring in innocent, brighteyed Trek fans...

The Xindi storyline was a cheap grap at current events' World Trade Center disaster... With the NX-01 set up as a Vengeance Ship to kill the Evil Doers and their Mad Scientist... Take out all the yapping and FX and that's what it really boils down to...

To me, Trek ended (and not particularly well) with Voyager... E was a sore excuse to milk fans and is easily the Least thought out and planned Trek series period...
An unneeded extension which does more damage than good, and unfortunately Pocket Books novels All try to pander to it with all their novels, dropping references to Xindi to some Archer/Sashi/Tucker-whomever Institute or Planet... Droppings like that even if you read a TOS, TNG, DS9, or V novel... They just can't let it go and bury it like Galactica fans have done for Galactica 1980... Really upsets my stomach...

The E novels only make matters worse by installing their Own continuity and continuation... "The Romulan Wars" novels are hilariously bad, with a superTrip alive and well, and communicating telepathically with T'Pol... The pain does not end there, being so padded and fanboyish and amateurish... It's best to think of E as existing in a damaged timeline courtesy of the Temporal Cold War...or a holonovel joke...

So painful, I saved my money and purchased the boxed collectors set of Lost in Space and enjoyed That series immensely for the nostalgia and originality... More originality than the 4 years of E combined... With stories that have definite Beginnings, Middles, and Endings... The two babes were also hotter than stuckup boyhaircut T'Pol and toadfaced Sushi combined... Billy Mummy had better dialogue than Archer... The bloop was cuter than Porthos... Etc.
And above all else, LIS used Real sets and Real miniatures rather than CGI honey heaven...

Last edited by Lenny Nurdbol; April 21 2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: intexicated corrections...