View Single Post
Old April 21 2013, 03:25 PM   #42
Lenny Nurdbol
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Enterprise Cutaway Coming From Dragon Models

Here it goes again, the old bait and switch... Top paragraph: "I'm a huge fan of FJ's work..." Bottom paragraph: "FJ didn't know jackshit..."

Kinda reminds me of another thread somewhere... Yeah, substitute JD for FJ!

Listen, you show me Better blueprints of the old Enterprise and I'll listen to you... I'm not talking about Exteriors (we've plenty of them) but ones with DECK Plans... I've gone through many of them and none beat FJ's... Oh, you can argue about no "warp core" in there--but Treknical fans of old do not believe in such a contraption Within the hull but intermix chambers in the nacelles...which is also where the antimatter is stored (much safer that way)... And no life boats: Treknical fans of old believed the turbolift cars served as ejectable lifeboats...

Yes, it's a matter of Interpretation...but if the best you can come up with is a jazzed up blueprint set from Strategic Design or what have you published within the last decade or so, then it's a case of too little WAY TOO LATE, since the FJ blueprints served as Guides for many, MANY Trek authors and fans and modellers and Gamers for DECADES...

Just as the "prime" universe got flushed down a galactic toilet, you'd best concentrate on the latest and greatest Enterprise right now... You know, with the Apple Store upstairs, the Brewery downstairs, and that insane hangar deck with pylons blocking the way...
Lenny Nurdbol is offline   Reply With Quote