View Single Post
Old April 21 2013, 03:12 PM   #355
Lenny Nurdbol
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The operational status of NCC 1701-A...?

BillJ wrote: View Post
Lenny Nurdbol wrote: View Post

As for TOS, I'd rather not state specifically When I believe that to take place, since I don't want to escalate tensions here and start a fight...
What fight?

Just sitting here chatting on a Sunday morning. No matter how any person comes to their personal conclusions on when Trek takes place, it requires them to play 'pick-and-choose' with the available material.
Yeah, and those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it, too... Be it here, on Usenet, on Fidonet, on RIME, a men's room stall wall at Paramount, or anywhere, anywhen... I've grown weary of fans quoting from "official" sources and reaming it down my throat as Gene's own word/TPTB/The Owners of the Franchise/Abrams/or just Midget Toad-Face-With-Glasses... One thing leads to another, and the next thing you know I've got a migraine or worse from posting overload and defending my little view... Outnumbered, outgunned, and to the majority In The Wrong... Let everyone believe what she/he/it (shit?) wants to believe...

Too many decades of this has led me to believe in Trek being a multiverse of many different timelines at work at different times and maybe in parallel... And with the excesses of time travel in Trek...ANYTHING is possible...
That's one way to reconcile different perspectives and trying to unify all the books... One famous quote in a novel was about how if all the stories were to be believed about the 5-year mission, it would have had to have lasted 50 years... I can believe that, especially if much is split across multiple alternate timelines... The only Treknically good thing to come out of Abrams' flick was a resetting of years for the 5-year mission that brings it shockingly close to an older timeline...

Besides, let's preserve This thread: the disposition of 1701-A...
Lenny Nurdbol is offline   Reply With Quote