View Single Post
Old April 21 2013, 10:12 AM   #213
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

All this is just silly. You're always going to have the knee-jerk anti-law enforcement types trying to sound cool. In Massachusetts, we are merciless to our cops and officials when they screw up, but we give them props when they do things right. This was an unprecedented situation and all the agencies did a beautiful job and so did the civilians. I'm sure somebody somewhere is kicking his or herself for not extending the perimeter another block, but hindsight is always 20/20.

lurok wrote: View Post
I thought this was great tribute:
That's fantastic.

arch101 wrote: View Post
I know what you mean. White Hat was captured 4 miles from my house in Waltham.
That is pretty scary.

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Talking to Wolf Blitzer (who really should be the terrorist with that Die Hard villain name) he said he'd be fine with writing an article (and as Tora Ziyal posted he already did), but that he wouldn't write a novelization because he's too close to it and "it's not really his style" (his words).
I didn't even know he had been interviewed. I'll have to check YouTube. I can certainly understand how he would feel too close to it, but it's interesting that he doesn't consider it his style.